11.01.2012

PAPER MODELS


The folding templates have been uploaded to Dropbox you can find them in the following folders:

00 - DM2_F12_Resources > FOLDING TEMPLATES > Basic Templates

I also uploaded a folder called Master Folding Templates, these are all the templates the book comes with, many of these templates are much more complicated but you are free to use them.

The folds for these paper models should be pretty obvious but I will be uploading more detailed instructions as soon as I can. I have to scan all of the book, but hopefully by tonight I will have better examples uploaded. 

If you want to find other folded model examples on the internet and make those you are free to do that, but all the models should look similar to examples I provided, they need to be more "structural" paper models, we do not need any "bird" of "crane" origami examples. If you use internet sources keep track of the site you find it at so you can turn in a reference sheet. 

Also feel free to use other paper, or similar types of material to create your folded models. I just gave you copy paper because its what we had in the print lab. Other students have asked about using, sketch book paper, water color paper, card stock, resume (cotton/linen paper). Those would probably help in the creation of the models so feel free to experiment. If the paper is not to thick you should also be able to print on the other paper types using the templates in Dropbox.

THE CRAFT OF YOUR MODEL IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. 

Check the blog for more updates, as video was posted as well. 

I will email you when more examples are uploaded to Dropbox. 

Thank you, and email me with any questions.